Bring your dog to work day
It can be universally agreed that for Man’s Best Friend, being with their human is their favourite activity. One way to keep your little buddy happy during the working week is to take them to work with you – happiness and positivity is just as contagious as negativity and stress – and who can be negative when you have a tail wagging at you?
A lot of employers believe that allowing dogs in the workplace will reduce productivity and cause distraction, but it is becoming more and more evident that this isn’t the case and that the benefits can, in most cases, outweigh the negatives. Pet experts even say that employees of pet friendly businesses tend to work longer hours and have fewer absences due to not needing to rush home to let the dog out.
Benefits to allowing dogs in the office
- Create a more relaxed working environment, lowering stress levels
- Trigger colleague interactions that might not have happened without a doggy friend
- A furry colleague to boost employee morale
- Remind employees to take necessary breaks, too much time on one problem will inhibit productivity
- Build a level of trust between employer and employee
- Boosted job satisfaction
- Increased comradery between employees
- Dogs make fantastic ice breakers for potential clients
- Improve company image and appear more progressive and forward thinking
There are also benefits for the dog. Most dogs are very sociable and being in an office environment will give them lots of opportunities to interact with different people and other dogs. It can also improve their overall behaviour by reducing separation anxiety and the need to be well trained at all times.
Of course, dogs will need their own space to relax and unwind after a tough few hours at work and according to retailer Furniture 123, British pet owners spend an average of £143 per year furnishing and decorating their office space to accommodate their dog’s needs. Well we can’t think of any better purchase to make your pampered pooch feel at home than their own ‘office chair’ – and a Pouf Doggy has everything your furry colleague will need.
While us mere humans cram sleep in between work, family, home and social lives – dogs spend a great deal of time in the land of nod – 12-14 hours per day in fact. So we have created the pawfect bag for them to nod off on during the working day:
- Round shape to help them settle down easily after doing a cursory circle of the space
- Easy clean, washable cover
- Double stitched with a lifetime stitching guarantee
- Large size available for those horse sized pets
- Stain, fade and mould resistant fabric
- Fire retardant
- Available in a range of colours and fabrics
So if your employer is on board with becoming pet-friendly, there is not much stopping you bringing your best friend to work every day – and you never know, Mondays might not feel so Monday-ish anymore.